- Class Timetables
- Homework Timetable
- New Parent/Transition Pack
- Careers Information
- Career's Programme Information
- Careers Information Leaflet
- Emergency School Closures
- School Uniform
- Parent View
- Family SEAL
- School Nurse
- School Lunches
- Latest activities/visits/groups for Parents and Carers
- Parents/Carers Information
- Duke of Edinburgh Expedition
- COVID-19 Advice
- Chartwells Catering Vacancies
- Kingswood 2021
- College open day dates for Spring 2022
- Kingswood 2022
- Free School Meals
- E-Safety Information
- Year 11 - What Now? Where Next? video
Emergency School Closures
Any school closures reported to the local authority will be displayed on the school closures list.
In addition, a smart phone version of the school closure list is also available for any parents on the move or without PC access. All you need to do is access the list using your mobile phone's internet browser and the mobile version will display.
Other methods of communication may include:
- Announcement on the local radio stations (radio stations will refer to this web site for up to date information)
- Message on school web site and school answerphone
- Notice on school gates
Sign up for alerts
You can now sign up for school closure alerts via text message and email, so that we can notify you immediately when your school informs us of a closure. Our alerts system includes school closures and a wide range of other county council services. Sign up for alerts
How is the decision to close a school made?
Staffordshire County Council does not make a blanket decision to close all schools due to inclement weather.
The decision to close a school is made by the Headteacher. They have to determine whether children and staff can travel safely to and from school and if the site will remain safe throughout the day.
To do this a risk assessment is conducted taking into account a range of factors including:
- State of pathways, steps and slopes around the school
- Condition of roads and pathways in the local area
- If the school's heating, lighting and water is working correctly
- Whether catering can be provided
- Availability of public transport and school coaches
- Weather forecast
Schools may also need to close due to other unforeseen circumstances such as heating failure, burst water pipe, etc.